Monday, December 16, 2013

Speaker Boehner is not angry here. He does not have his "Irish Up." He was animated to hold the attention of his audience. That is nothing but stage presence and not an emotional outburst.

His facial expressions are some of the most relaxed and sincerely honest I have witnessed since he took the Speakership in 2010. He has won. He has tolerated the extremists and attempted to make them important in a meaningful way and he is defending them. His words defend those mostly seen as too extreme to matter. He has removed the stigma in this statement. The "political groups" now carry the stigma of extremism.

I don't dislike John Boehner, but, his willingness to sell out the country to win approval of extremists disgusted me. 

He is wearing a black awareness ribbon. Last I looked that was an awareness ribbon of POW/MIAs. That is Vietnam. I have not heard of a POW/MIA from Iraq and Afghanistan. I don't doubt his sincerity and to wear an awareness ribbon from a war so long ago proves a great deal about his commitment to the country and the problems it faces. 

He finally has his spine, let's hope he doesn't lose it.