Monday, November 04, 2013

Americans have put up with too much for too long.

Lucy from Texas:
"I signed up at Healthcare.gov and I'm going to save $2,300 a year on my premium alone -- and more, because my deductible will drop from $7,500 a year to $3,000 a year. It's still Blue Cross insurance, and I don't have to change doctors, either. I had a choice of over 30 plans and several different companies."
Larry from California:

"HealthCare.gov directed me to Covered California. My new plan gives me better coverage than what I've had with the same insurer and will cost $188.00 a month less. That's why it's important for others to check it out. In California I experienced some glitches at first and I would check in every few days and things kept getting better."
Mark from Idaho:

"Yes, the website had some problems, but saving roughly $2,500 next year (in premiums alone!) seems well worth a little extra patience. Having coverage that actually protects me from financial ruin if I, or my son, get sick or injured? I don't think you can put a price tag on that…"
Margaret from Washington:
My responsible, hardworking niece was laid off from her job four years ago and lost her insurance. She became a nursing aide for the elderly and has been carrying a "catastrophic" insurance plan for which she was paying over $300 a month, with very limited coverage and a $1300 deductible. She had no trouble signing up for ACA insurance with much more extensive coverage for $150 a month. She said she feels like she can breathe again."