Sunday, July 28, 2013

It is okay to spread personal information around the globe, but, the NSA can't protect the country?

The complaint is there is secrecy at the NSA that threatens to privacy of citizens.

So.

There are trillions of files at Facebook, too. 

How do you reconcile that? How do the people complain about the very personal information available in a blink of an eye to anyone while they complain about monitoring by the USA government to protect their very lives so they can put all their personal information on Facebook or otherwise for the world to see. 

There is NO prohibition of freedom of expression to anyone. If there is, where is the proof? Where are the prisoners detained without due process? Where is the personal information the NSA released without authority? Where are the foreign governments seeking sovereign dominance over information within the electronic networks in the USA.

All that exists currently is Executive Privilege. The NSA is a branch of the Executive Branch which has to disclose nothing if it is in regard to national security. I don't care of officials of the Executive Branch lied, they can be held responsible if the lies can be proven, but, in all honesty that will lead nowhere.

I don't like it. I have been a victim of email searches while Bush was in office. I caught them. I have no shame in my life and I don't keep secrets about faux agendas. I could not care less. They were paranoid, not me. They had grounds for nothing. Did it scare me? Why would it?

This is a political agenda with absolutely nothing to do with VIOLATIONS against AMERICANS. Where are the Americans that have been compromised because of this program? I want to know where these programs have turned innocence into guilt.

I have stated before; so long as the USA willingly runs wars for Wall Street benefit this will continue to keep the country safe. When the USA stops killing, the programs won't be necessary anymore. Until then, I'd rather be safe.

I still use the same email account, the same identity with the same focus. I have for nearly a decade since someone told me about Blogger. My first entry was about Iraq and just before the Christmas Tsunami hit. I could not believe the pictures entrusted to me from halfway around the world by basically people I don't know because I was blogging about the devastation and my knowledge to what occurred. I was blogging the science and little social content while honoring the dead and grieving their loss. Imagine an American grieving the loss of dead in Banda Aceh and Thialand. Imagine Americans worrying so deeply about their lives and what would come of them.

I suppose when a government is worried about the activities of the citizens in a way that might end danger, it just bother me. There are so many other profound problems than this stuff. Show me Americans behind bars without reason, without representation. Show me a democracy gone bad. Then maybe it might actually matter.

I worry more about 'the click' than the discovery of it. If one can't trust their secrets to the internet, then don't go there.

By Kari Rea

Jul 28, 2013 10:17am

...“The NSA has trillions of telephone calls (click here) and emails in their databases that they’ve collected over the last several years,” Greenwald told ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos. “And what these programs are, are very simple screens, like the ones that supermarket clerks or shipping and receiving clerks use, where all an analyst has to do is enter an email address or an IP address, and it does two things.  It searches that database and lets them listen to the calls or read the emails of everything that the NSA has stored, or look at the browsing histories or Google search terms that you’ve entered, and it also alerts them to any further activity that people connected to that email address or that IP address do in the future.”...