Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Come One, Come All


This is a remarkable year for the Traverse City Film Festival.  Their premier theater "The State" was named first by the Motion Picture Association in the world. It is a beautifully restored theater. 

But, they also have a second theater called "Bijou by the Bay." The theme is similar to that of a "Summer House." Done in pastels it has a theme far different than The State Theater. The new theater is slightly smaller than the state theater only seating about 180 people, but, the movies will be current and box office blockbusters. 

The 9th Traverse Film Festival is happening this week with many talented and dedicated independent filmmakers. The age of the people staffing the event impressed me, they are young. From videographers to venue managers they are young people getting experience and building their resume. It is a great event and I encourage all that can and enjoy great movies come and be exposed to thinking people without powerful messages.


I'll write more about the movies I attend, but, I have to run right now. There is a Cinema Salon I want to hear and participate in. Until later.