Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Find good homes for your books.

While the Summer Sessions are engaged and the Fall Season is around the corner in most of colleges and universities, I decided to go through my bookshelves. I have some wonderful books. Many I will never part with, but, there are some simply collecting dust.

So, I thought I'd list those on Amazon. I don't ask much. Just a nominal amount for handling really. I just wanted to find good homes for them. See books are labor. At some point in time they were written so others could labor with the knowledge they provided. So they are important to me. The author(s), their work and the richness it has added to my life.

Today, my heart leapt when I received an order from a High School teacher for one of my physics books. I was smiling from ear to ear. She is a lucky lady because the book is in excellent condition with a few good notes in the margins. But, she got a real bargain and when I reflected on the reward of providing a teacher a book she wanted for a very good price I almost wished I never asked a dime.

At a time in our nation's history when so many teachers express their dedication by spending their own monies to support the learning of their students; find a way to share the books on your shelves you no longer want or need. It feels really good.