Monday, March 08, 2010

Tom Hanks is making a good Front Man for the corruption at the Academy.

I thought Slumdog Millionaire would turn the corner on the hideous tributes this institution plays to its 'patrons,' but, alas I believe it was the "Millionaire" in the title that did it.

It was 'nice' to have a woman recognized for winning an oscar, but, it was also very obvious the 'tone' of the Oscars last night. Did she have to sell her soul for a war picture?

The Academy must be running for office in Texas along with Perry, because, the pictures that won awards had conservative themes. For a moment when I started to hear the winners I thought I was at a Tea Bagger rally.

War, Country Music Loser becomes Sober and White woman meets Black Boy.

Right.

Such social conscience I can't stand, ya know?

When is the Academy AT LEAST going to recognize pure, unadulterated entertainment when it sees it?

I am not going to pay money to see The Hurt Locker, if I were I would have by now.

End.