Saturday, March 11, 2006

The Political Shenanigans of The Religious Right are full of lies and deceptions. Voter beware !

She went on to further criticize the two Senators, noting they had voted for anti-choice on another bill last year and ended the letter by stating the two had “ducked the responsibility to help prevent unwanted pregnancies.”

On the surface it looked like a legitimate letter. However, when I saw she was from south Oklahoma City the first question that popped into my mind was why is she sending me this letter, other than the fact Susan Paddack is mentioned in it?

Wanda lives in Leftwich’s Senate District, but why send the letter to us if she isn’t a constituent of Paddack’s?

I decided to check into the matter before giving the letter the green light. As it turned out, the letter stretched the truth a bit.

Sen. Cain told me he never polled any of the senators on his committee, therefore Leftwich and Paddack didn’t even know Cain was even considering the bills.

“I did not place SB 426 or SB 1907 on the agenda, because I felt neither bill would pass in the Senate or House this year,” Cain said.“I never polled Senator Paddack or Senator Leftwich about their votes, but I knew they had previously supported the pro-life position.”

Cain added that a pro-life group at the Capitol would “use this vote for contraception to punish both Senators, and I felt that it would be unfair to ask them to make a tough vote when the bill had no chance of passage.”

Cain’s decision to not add the two bills on his committee’s agenda was because he knew they wouldn’t pass in the Senate or House, not because of some lack of support from Leftwich or Paddack.Furthermore, both Senators never were told about the bills.

“He never discussed either bill with me that is mentioned in the letter to the editor. Nor did any other constituent or lobbyist discuss these bills,” Paddack said.

It wasn’t until she received my inquiry into the matter that she was made aware of the bills.

“It is very unfortunate that we live in a time when some people no longer value taking the time to find out the truth. When a person sends information to a newspaper that is not true, you immediately question their intent. It is clear that this is meant to confuse the wonderful people in this district,” Paddack added.





It's Saturday Night

Posted by Picasa