Monday, June 22, 2020

I am voting by mail for the first time ever.

I received an e-mail from the county clerk stating it was no problem. Ballots are being mailed to me for the primary and the general. The only worry I have is what is Trump doing to undermine my mail-in vote. Most folks normally mail the ballot back without cost. I intend to mail my ballots by Priority Mail with a signature requirement.

I think the voters should be allowed to send them back by e-mail, too. There are tons of problems with a cyber link (ie: Russia) because it is untried, but, so long as it is signed and a picture of an ID accompanies the ballot, there is no reason to prevent that balloting. The e-mail between me and my county clerk is sound and quick. I would love to be able to take a picture of the ballot with each page signed and send it back by e-mail with a picture of my ID.

So, assuming Trump is UP TO SOMETHING with the US Postal Service, a cyber alternative should be offered.

I would like to see all package handling companies offer SAFE AND DEPENDABLE delivery for this year's ballots in primaries and the general. Maybe offer free or low cost to each and every mail-in ballot. It would be nice.

Think of it as a tax deduction and overcoming corruption to ensure the USA Democracy. Be a hero.


January 27, 2020
by Rachel Glickhouse

Mail boxes (click here) taped up near a post office during the coron​avirus outbreak in Virginia on A​pril 12.

We’re 10 months away from the 2020 election. (click here) While the stakes are incredibly high and the electorate is more polarized than it has been in decades, Americans’ faith in the legitimacy of the outcome is low — and not without reason. There’s evidence that the forces that sought to influence the electorate in 2016 are at it again, and attempts to shore up the cyber defenses of local election systems have had uneven results.

Crucially, in a vacuum of trustworthy facts, questions about election integrity, fraud and security can be answered by dishonest players with a stake in the outcome. Local newsrooms, reeling from new rounds of belt-tightening and layoffs, are less able to sustain the effort necessary to cover a fast-moving, complex, technical and data-rich story by themselves.

That’s why we announced Monday that we’re running our Electionland project again, to bring together journalists around the country to report on voting barriers and electoral integrity....