Monday, October 02, 2017

With all this water vapor and turbulence, especially in the Gulf of Mexico, something it going to break loose.

2 October 2017
2130.19z
UNISYS Water Vapor GOES East Satellite (click here for 12 hour loop - thank you)

There is a dual system developing, with one in the Gulf and one over eastern Cuba.

Is the National Hurricane Center on strike? I wouldn't blame them if they were, but, there was a very brief tropical disturbance in the East Pacific off Mexico that looked like it should have had a name.


October 3, 2017
0930.18z
UNISYS Enhanced Infrared GOES West satellite (click here for 12 hour loop - thank you)

That disturbance in the lower right corner has an eye. Just sayin'. 

The current picture doesn't look real great for Hawaii. The system currently sitting over top of the island state has been developing over the last four days. Hawaii is experiencing winds of 7 mph out of the east, but, is expecting winds to build with maximum of 23 mph on Thursday, sustaining through to Friday. I am fairly confident Hawaii will have high surf as well.


October 2, 2017
2130.19z
UNISYS Water Vapor GOES West satellite (click here for a 12 hour loop - thank you)

Now, I'd be happy to carry out all this forecasting and stuff, but, I took a teaching job, after I realized my own value of course and I set my own hours.

I'll let all the folks at the National Hurricane Center continue their work. Supercomputer capacity can be so expensive.

2 October 2017
2130z
UNISYS Water Vapor Satellite of the north and west hemisphere (click here for 12 hour loop - thank you)

There is activity off West Africa, too.