Saturday, July 11, 2015

The post 9/11 family.

While I mentioned my father who died in 2010 as a dearly loved patriarch to the family. Anyone would ask him, including his right wing conservative friends, how he saw the presidency of George W. Bush.

Now, mind you my father was a veteran of the Korean War. Enlisted, volunteered, munitions expert for US Air Force. He took care of the bombs and the crew that loaded them onto the wings of jets.

In regard to "W," he would state, "I spent four years of my life in service to this country to make the world a better place for my children and their children. That four years in service also was to bring a better quality of life to the Korean people as well. Today, North Korea spits on the USA and freedom because "President W" made a political speech at the DMZ and put all that sacrificed into the trash bin of life. I didn't serve my country for a lousy politician to undo the commitment and deaths of my friends and my country."

He was referring to the "Axis of Evil" speech that spawned North Korea to remove the United Nation's seals on their nuclear reactors. I didn't even bring up the subject. At a Thanksgiving table with family surrounding him, he stated his feelings to let us all know he consented to some of the family's views. He was important to us and he knew it.

My father wanted a better quality of life for the North Koreans as well as American security. It has all been undone and that war outcomes wasted. 

He never agreed the Iraq War was necessary or should have been fought. He pointed out how the Iraq War removed assets from defeating al Qaeda quickly in Afghanistan.