Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Did I detect a bit of a nervous tone with Candidate Hillary Clinton?

I find that is charming. She wants to win and she still gets anxious about speaking to the press.

I do public speaking about environmental issues. It is a tough crowd that sits in the audience and they expect good answers to their questions. I never get used to speaking to the public. I could not be more prepared. But, that touch of anxiety as to what I could do or say to scuttle even one person's expectations is always there. It is never going to leave me. I know that, because, I care. And I finally resolved it is a good thing I care and I worry about the justice I am doing the audience and the topics. I can completely relate.

I always treat the press as friends. If they ask a question off the scale of propriety and a gotcha basis, I simply correct the wording in my answer. I never insult them. If they insist I didn't answer their question, I simply, "Yes, I did. Thank you." 

Truth and honesty always wins out.