Sunday, November 21, 2010

The most stupid and victimizing oppostiional argument to date from the Right Wing Extremists regarding airplane travel security comes from a woman.

This is Mohammad Atta coming o board a plane the morning of September 11, 2010.  I've witnessed this type of victimizing behavior before by female Murdoch media anchors and commentators. I don't know if they are so out of touch with the Middle Class that they simply take a stand based on THEIR UNDERSTANDING and not reality of what THEIR PROBLEM is, but, it is never realistic.
...Airport security (click title to entry - thank you) began confiscating little old ladies' knitting needles and breaking the mouse-sized nail files off of passengers' nail clippers. Surprisingly, no decrease in the number of hijacking attempts by little old ladies and manicurists was noted.

After another Muslim terrorist, Richard Reid, AKA Tariq Raja, AKA Abdel Rahim, AKA Abdul Raheem, AKA Abu Ibrahim, AKA Sammy Cohen (which was only his eHarmony alias), tried to blow up a commercial aircraft with explosive-laden sneakers, the government prohibited more than 3 ounces of liquid from being carried on airplanes....

Airport security on September 11, 2010 was not completely inept.  If one notes the time of day, Atta was there in plenty of time for the flight.  What the airlines neglected to realize is that one than one terrorist could be involved in hijacking airplanes and to protect from it.  At no point in time was airplane hijacking a new concept on September 11, 2001.  It was happening all over the world and it was always a band of men.  I don't recall off hand if here were women involved before this point, I don't recall any.  But, there were women involved in these acivities after this point, both in Russia and Jordan.

So, on September 11, 2010 it is completely obvious the airlines were not protecting their crews, passengers or airplanes with THE REALITY that such an attack was possible.  Hence, enters the TSA.  End of disucssion as to whether the TSA is necessary or not.  It definately is.

So, now in the year 2010 people are angry, primarily instigated by the economic collapse of 2010 and a deficit driven by that economic collapse in more ways then one.  These same citizens are now victim to any entity in the 'media marketplace' to exploit for a listener or viewer nework.  Now, frequent flyers want to eliminate the TSA from their venue of flying AS IF there were no danger at all to them PER commentators that seek to victimize for their own benefit 'the angry.' 

Why is Coulter's commentary stupid and victimizing?  I mean I actually have to point this out.  Come on people it is time to 'come home' already.

Coulter's commentary is simple, stupid and victimizing because it states 'levels of PRECAUTIONS' that have actually WORKED.  That's right, the precautions the TSA have been taking all these years are based in their own research and in reaction to actual events.  The shoe bomber, the underpants bomber and now the remote ink cartridge bomber.

 People can complain about all the inconvenience of air travel all they want.  But.  They cannot complain about the safety record to date by the TSA in intercepting the attempts to carry out events that would kill average citizens.  I don't know if the Murdoch media folks travel on corporate jets or private jets, but, they certainly seem to be impervious to reality.  Their understanding of life is far from Middle Class at any rate.

If average citizens want to complain about inconvenience, invasion of privacy and potential harm from repeated low level radiation exposure, then blame the terrorists, not the TSA or the federal governments of any country, because, they are working as hard as they can to stop this disaster, including the miliaries.  The recent interruption of explosive devices in Namibia is an example to the 'radar' airline security systems are becoming tuned.  So, knock it off and stop treating every irritation of modern society as if it is appropriate to vicimtize the very people seeking to protect citizens of every nation.

Whenever I have flown, of which the most recent were in July and August of 2010; I arrive at the airport two hours before boarding.  It is more than ample time to get through security and find a comfortable seat near my boarding gate while I read or use my computer 'in transit' as I am doing now.  I don't travel with children anymore so it might be more tedious to do so.  But, at no time would I allow 'requirements of airline security' to enter into the picture as an annoyance.  Never.  Those folks are sincerely tring to do good work from the leadership to the security officers themselves.

If I were traveling during this holiday season I would be reporting with my children at least three hours before the flight to insure there was plenty of time for 'bathroom breaks' and 'snack time' and simply waiting while collecting thoughts about the destination and what is expected of the children during the flight and upon arrival all the way to the 'awaiting vehicle' to reach the locaiton of the purpose of the flight.

If I were an institution such as Disney World, I would be hypersenstive to the extreme length of time people have traveled to arrive at their destination and seek to 'help' with children by providing people that handle luggage to deliver them to the room without parents being burdened by tired children as well.

Holidays in the USA are suppose to warm and fuzzy experiences at every turn.  There is more reason this holiday season to 'extend comfort' in every measure to the traveler and especially where that is met with children.  I would expect the highest compliance by travelers to the demands of high tech security in knowing there is 'joy' in that quoitent at the end of the day.

If I were within the infrastructure of any security firm I would be fully staffed with qualitfied people to facilitate the shortest waiting times and the highest degree of comfort. 

I understand there are 'inconsistent' applicaitons of security throughout the airports of the USA.  My best estimate is there are some airports more susceptible to terrorist activity than others and the application of any security measure is 'fine tuned' by the airport management themselves.  So, the inconsistency is more than likely NOT the issue of the TSA so much as the application of those measures by the management at the particular airport.  Passengers need to 'tune' their preparedness for travel to that reality.

I have traveled though airports in large cities and small towns.  The degree to which they apply their security systems is different, however, I found more 'interaction' through conversation with security personnel at the small airports simply because there are not as many people to screen in any span of time and the officers can derive more information through conversation than through scanners.  It isn't as though we are not treated as human beings when the time allows and the 'mechanics' of security can be somewhat reduced. 

I believe every TSA agent all along the leadership chain, every pilot and every flight attendant are worth every penny they earn and then some.  They are true professionals and I personally thank every one of them.  My personal philosophy (attitude) regarding air travel in the year 2010 is one of cooperation and preparedness to provide ID and security by availing my luggage and person to whaever concern arises.  Those people are there for ME.  They are there to protect me and I have to cooperate 'to assist' their ability to protect me.  I have no problem with any request. 

It isn't as though I have had a perfect experience every time either.  I once made reservations at the last minute and of all things paid cash.  I was considered a 'high risk' passenger when I went to pick up my boarding pass.  I was asked to step aside and at that point I was exposed to high security intervention.  It was all explained to me as to why and how and I was 'fine with it.' 

Get over it. 

The TSA has to determine the 'danger level' of the radiation used in the scanners and educate the passengers to that reality so they can make 'good choices' about their 'security intervention.'  I strongly believe OSHA and POSHA have to have a regular presence to be sure the security personnel are not over exposed to any radiation source.  A combined exposure could be occurring in any part of the building and all that has to be realized and secured as well.

I hope all the travelers this season will enjoy their 'venture' from the time they pick up their luggage at home to the time they return 'in one piece.'

Happy Holidays and Peace.