Wednesday, April 24, 2019

There was a statement I thought I heard. I wasn't listening very intently for such statements, so much as content, but, I thought I heard someone say, "Donald Trump stated, Congress is nothing more than palls."

If that is the statement, my assessment is this:

l. That is not Trump talk. Donald Trump doesn't speak like that. Insulting, yes, but, using the image of Congress as a pall to the country is not in Trump vocabulary normally.

2. When I heard that my first impression was that was Vladimir Putin talking. See, the Russian Duma is very different than the US Congress. The leadership of Communist Russia would say that of the Congress because it doesn't understand the dynamic that exists with the country and the Congress. 

So, Trump may have said something like that about Congress as an insult to raise his own spectrum of authority, but, those are not original words and they are grossly out of context it is obvious to me he learned that from a far different source.

My estimation is that Trump is still talking to Putin and garnering all sorts of ideas of grandeur inappropriate in every way for a president of the USA to think about himself.