Thursday, October 15, 2015

Throughout Libya, the security vacuum left by Qaddafi’s departure, the continued presence of pro-Qaddafi supporters, the prevalence of and easy access to weapons, the inability of the interim government to reestablish a strong security apparatus, and the resulting weakness of those security forces that remained led to a volatile situation in which militias previously united in opposition to Qaddafi were now jockeying for position in the new Libya...

This is where I left off when the storm came though. I'll pick it up here tomorrow afternoon. I'll try to finish it then. This is about half completed. No, I hadn't read this before I put the words on the blog. This is my honest reaction to the document. I think the panel did a great job. A person able to assess 'the essence' of what is wrong when it doesn't lie along the definition of legal is unique. The panel had a gift for understanding people. Just think about it a minute. There were five, six? And their life experience allowed them to focus on very abstract parts of how the State Department works. They grasped where the department had missing pieces. It is a gift the USA has people with these abilities to solve our problems. I can't thank the panel enough.