Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Democrats need to listen to this mess on FOX radio.

To begin, I have heard FOX commentators simply lie about the law. One stated the law is unconstitutional. They are lying because there are still folks in their audience that believe the lies.

Talk about a fishing mission. This FOX commentator wants to find the populous aspect of the PPACA and ask the GOP to stand on it as an election rant. The way I see it, there is no reason to believe any GOP when it comes to health care. They have never effectively dealt with it, they have no plan to deal with and and repealing is their answer.

Brian kicked off the show with SENATOR JOE MANCHIN (D-WV) (click here) and wasted no time getting the Senator’s opinion on Obamacare and the rumors of a single-payer system. Manchin said he is not a supporter of universal healthcare because market-driven systems have always worked.  “You have to give me incentives to stay healthy…I need to have rewards and incentives and I need to have penalties if I don’t—that’s the market driven system that has always worked here!”  Sounds great!  So, Manchin for President?!  Nope!  When asked, he told Brian, “I like being ‘America’s Governor!’  I like that Governor term real well!”

The health care industry is changed forever with or without the PPACA. As a matter of fact, given the fact they are applying the principles of the law there won't be protections anymore if the law is repealed. So there won't be refunds if the premiums collected by an insurance company exceed 85% of their costs. They'll keep and simply go back to their old practices. So, the law has to stand.

But, in the second taped program where Karl Rove is stating all kinds of accolades and ambitions for future elections, he is seeking to claim gains are possible in Democratic elections. Every candidate is going to have to decide how correct Rove is, but, also realize he had ZERO success in 2012. 

If I were a Congressman or woman running for election in 2014, I'd be sure my constituents knew they had a friend in an office willing to take complaints and act on them to correct the course of folks unable or unwilling to find a good policy. I'd be sure there was at least one staff member that could navigate the new law and system to obtain affordable insurance. Good service to constituents usually results in people appreciative of the effort and outcome.

Rove also believes the health care issue will get worse. I think California has proved him wrong already. I sincerely believe the rollout by the current HHS Secretary reflects her ability to accomplish the best outcomes. She needs to be replaced and citizens happier than they are now.