Tuesday, September 27, 2011

That's our man, Mike! Thank you, Mike. Did you bring your camera? (click title to entry - thank you)

Mike is promoting his new book and I saw him on "Piers Morgan."  He stated he doesn't have groupies.  Well,  he is wrong.  His entire hometown of Traverse City are his groupies.


I have sat in theaters and auditoriums where people spontaneously will say, "I love Mike, don't you?"

Or.

"I think of Mike as my brother, he is great."  So, I don't want to hear how he doesn't have groupies, because the entire city of Traverse City loves this man and the revitalization he has brought to their town.  


I have attended the festivals in Traverse City for some time now and the area where Mr. Moore has made his home is amazing.  Vital and alive.  That is very difficult to do, but, Michael Moore has inspired the city and it loves him for it.  I am confident the people "Occupying Wall Street" are uplifted by his arrival to raise their spirits.  He is a great guy.  You'll never tell me otherwise.


This is his picture from the Los Angeles Times.  I guess Wall Street hasn't invaded there yet.  It was Silicon Valley yesterday that proved a wonderful place to have a Town Hall with President Obama.  He stated during that town hall to a man currently unemployed that discrimination against the unemployed is illegal if the Congress would pass the American Jobs Act.  Maybe I need to read it. 


Maybe.


Oh, yeah.  The Traverse City Film Festival donated hundreds of new seats to a school in the town if they would observe Martin Luther King Day.  Michael was the impetus to that and it happened, now all the children have new auditorium seats and a new best friend.  Michael does great work, but, he never brags about it.  He is a sincerely nice man.



The Sunday Conversation: Michael Moore (click here)

The documentary filmmaker discusses his new memoir, 'a book of nonfiction short stories'; getting assaulted over his political views'; his suit against Bob and Harvey Weinstein; and his latest project....