Tuesday, August 08, 2006

That concluded my second day in Traverse City

And I am going to take a break in my entries for today. It's a great deal of fun putting my views to this blog.

I ended my viewing around midnight and strolled back to my hotel near the festival on Front Street. I never once felt worried about my safety. Traverse City mostly pulls up the sidewalks around late evening. The police aren't really high profile but they are about and always noted sometime within every hour or two. I walked alone. The street was well lighted. Nearly empty. All the many varied store fronts were closed without bars or cages over the windows. The exception to closed for the day business was the occassional 'hole in the wall' eating joint or social club. Even in those areas all was quite. I enjoyed the experience, but, I realized to this point I hadn't found the best of cuisine of Traverse City and needed to make that a priority soon.

... later ...