Sunday, April 07, 2013

If one drinks the Kool-Aide about the dangers of one's own government than what exactly is in that Kool-Aide?

If a USA citizen actually believes the government has the capacity to be the enemy, then what exactly does that mean?

How does one know that? Certainly, if one is listening to Senator Rand Paul they will be proven to be fools when relying on the fact there is no basis for fears about drones attacking Americans within the USA. I mean for real. There have been no attacks on any citizen by a drone, so where did all that come from?

How does a person with a gun know whom the enemy is? Is it anyone that actually 'believes' we should not RETURN to the social culture of 1776? Or is the enemy one that wears their hair differently than prescribed by the norm or seeks to live outside an organized religion or believes a wife 'can do it all?' Whom is the enemy and how is that determined?

The entire concept is bizarre and there are no clear definitions except those that victimize without trial. See, death by gun is a trial without facts. When one person kills another it is about personal justice, regardless, of self defense. Self-defense is a form of legal protection, but, it also is a trial without a jury. "You are in my understanding of dangerous, therefore, I can kill you."

The idea the USA is safer when citizens are armed is to assume our laws are ineffective, don't bring about justice and don't protect us when we need protecting. I have never had that happen in all my life. I have always been protected by the law and law enforcement officers in any time of danger in my life. Does that make me special? 

I don't think so. 

I think I'm fairly normal in that regard. I mean, dialing 911 means something. We know it means something. We lost valiant men more than a decade ago when a high rise was on fire in Lower Manhattan. We know when we ask for help it arrives.

When I call the auto club they respond. They don't have to fight gun fire to get to me either. So, like what is this mess all about anyway?

Politics? As Americans do we really want legislation based in politics or effective policy?

Connecticut is correct. They are acting to protect their citizens. There is nothing wrong with that and the Connecticut government has no plans to send storm troops to remove citizen's rights.

You want to know who is being protected by ideologies of fear? Criminals are. They are the beneficiaries of fear. They will have access and carry out crimes unaffected when we don't seek to stop them. 

I believe the culture of fear now within our country regarding protecting our homes and our lives with guns allows criminals to operate unabated. They continue to march weapons into Mexico, sell guns in the inner city and carry on as though nothing can touch them. They are laughing at our culture of fear while our officers are dying at their hand.

I find the entire conversation of the Pro-gun zealots nothing more than anarchy that empowers the criminal and not the citizen.

Hunting is about sport and skill and not about zombies.