Sunday, August 14, 2011

My current T-Mobile contract ends in September and I WAS going to Verizon.

Better coverage in places I find myself.  But, I won't do that until I am reassured by the employees of Verizon that they are happy with a new contract that treats them well.  NOT just adequate, but, WELL.


They are Americans.  Just that simple.


I don't believe in austerity measures that burdens the Middle Class.  


...The contract, (click title to entry - thank you) which expired at midnight on Aug. 6, covers workers in Verizon’s wireline division, which includes local-phone operations, services for businesses and governments, and long-haul wholesale traffic. Verizon is the largest wireless carrier in the United States, and the Scranton and Wilkes-Barre offices handle customer service and operator assistance.
“Nothing was moving. They’ve been bargaining since June (22) and there was no leeway. Nothing was being resolved. There was no compromise. It was at a standstill,” strike captain Julie Brominski said while picketing behind the Verizon customer service center at 121 Adams Ave. in downtown Scranton....

I was born near Scranton.  Lived there for five years of my life and I am confident there are friends and family on strike right now.


It is so easy to 'victimize' people that are unionized.