Sunday, August 14, 2011

I found some 'Well Being Q&A' from the "Gulf News" stangely normal. An economy of 'normal people' not obsessed with money.

Well-being Q&A: Flatulence and sensitive skin (click title to entry - thank you)

Indeed.  Perhaps Dr. Shyam should be writing for the USA newsprint?



Dr V.L. Shyam, MD (Ay) answers queries exclusively for readers of Friday

 Published: 00:00 August 12, 2011

My 13-year-old son has been suffering from flatulence for the past couple of months. It all started after he became cautious of what he eats as he wants to lose weight. What  can I do to help him get rid of this condition?
        Salma Alikhan, via email 
Flatulence and burping are usually caused by swallowed air or the breakdown of food through digestion; especially plant fibres. Flatulence may also be related to eating fatty foods, stress or anxiety, smoking, irritable bowel syndrome (condition characterised by abdominal pain or cramping and changes in bowel function), or in conditions in which the intestines aren't able to digest and absorb certain components of food....

I am a 17-year-old girl who has a very sensitive skin. I have acne on my face, neck and back. I have lots of acne scars on my face. My other problem is that whenever I wax my hands and do threading on my face, I develop rash all over my body. I have tried  several prevention methods but to no avail. I also have a huge white birth mark. Is there any permanent ayurvedic remedy for it? Also, please suggest an ayurvedic  treatment that'll help me get rid of excessive facial hair. 
   
 
Aishwarya Rai, via email
Consult a gynaecologist to diagnose the cause of acne and facial hair growth. However, it's
natural that during the teenage years, you make much more sebum than when you were a child. 
This is due to the hormonal changes at puberty, which stimulate the sebaceous glands. As a rule, the more sebum you make, the greasier your skin feels, and the worse acne is likely to be....




Is that like 'too normal' to be true?  That is refreshing.  You know, skin care and Pepto Bismol in a    newspaper does wonders for Wall Street.  Seriously.  

Great Britain has been known to try austerity measures before, in 1961 actually.  BUT, the entire global economy wasn't crashed by incompetent bankers, though.