Sunday, November 14, 2021

Earth needs humanity.

Hi, 

I have never really addressed readers as myself. This is me. Sorry the pixels are making a bad impression, but, this is me. White hair because I am 66 years old and I do not want to hide my aging characteristics. No makeup. I don't really believe in it.

No, I am not saying good-bye, quite the contrary, this is a conversation that has to go on for some time yet. When I started this blog in 2004, it was just before the Christmas Tsunami hit and I had no idea the attraction and power of a simple blog, but, I learned right away.

I recieved pictures from Indonesia that people wanted to make plain to Americans the suffering their were going through. They wanted Americans to know the complete devastation that occured and the broken lives now existing they had no way to reclaim. I learned from that experience, only about a couple of weeks into blogging that Americans are sought for their intelligence and understanding. See, the people that sent those pictures knew I would understand all that occurred and the depth of loss they were all feeling. We are a great country, but, that is because we are a great people. I want everyone to know Americans are admired, or, at least they were. I was. I was a voice for others and learned quickly that voice had to be heard in ways that was clever and American.

I wanted to say "hello" to anyone that has frequented this blog and let them know it is time for American to be the voice and the power that will reverse the warming trend of Earth and protect life in the manner we understand it and continue to long for it. I think the digital age and all the contraptions within it can depersonalize and remove humanity very quickly. Earth needs our humanity and I do mean to say, Earth needs our humanity very quickly.

Elisa