Wednesday, September 30, 2015

This is the turn. It still has a strong vapor trail into the ITCZ.

September 30, 2015
2230.19z
UNISYS Water Vapor  GOES East Satellite (click here for 12 hour loop - thank you)

I guess the correct words is that Joaquin has created a strong vapor trail to the ITCZ.

The thing is this, the central pressures are still increasing. I would expect the opposite if this was a turn. That water vapor trail is feeding the increased velocity. 

The storm really bothers me. I don't want another Katrina. I think the coastal states need to pay attention and if it swings into the Gulf the heat will be enough to really drive the velocity.

Six hours ago the water vapor off the ITCZ was nearly absent. As of three hours ago the connection to the ITCZ showed up and in the next hour, it became profoundly incorporated into the storm velocity. I hate these climate crisis storms. They are so unpredictable, especially at low velocity.