Friday, September 21, 2012

Ambassador Stevens' Personal Journal.

I remember when Nic Robertson found the 'bin Laden Tapes;' some of them were aired, but, the USA government was notified of their existence. I hope that is the same policy of CNN today. According to a report by Anderson Cooper a journalist affiliated with CNN found the personal journal of Ambassador Stevens and sent it to Cooper. There was no mention of it being verified as the ambassador's, but, since it was forwarded to his family I suppose the handwriting was easily recognized by those that knew him.

I was also surprised there was no mention of the government knowing of the journal and their consent to allow it to be sent to Ambassador's Family. I hope the investigators to the murders in Libya had a chance to at least look through the contents for clues.

I congratulate Anderson on his exclusive, I was just surprised the investigation and government wasn't mentioned at all.