Thursday, July 11, 2024

I am growing tired of hearing complaints about food prices.

I have been shopping No-GMO stores for a long time. I belong to a food cooperative that has existed for 50 years and I have always paid higher prices than other folks. To be honest my prices haven’t gone up that much, if at all. I am seeing brands of some food manufacturers I never expected to see in the cooperative. So, it isn’t simply inflation hitting the food market, it is the demand for better quality food.

I can go to Walmart and still purchase cheap food at ten thousand items for a dollar. It is still the same chemicals mixed with sugar and high fructose corn syrup as it always has been.

The younger generations in the USA have witnessed enough disease in their parents and grandparents caused by food intake and they are rejecting it. So, they are making healthy choices for themselves and their families and they are paying more.

The reason the coop I go to hasn’t had high rates of inflation is because local providers line the shelves. There is still plenty to choose from because there are many local producers. They compete realistically (No artificially deflated prices.) with each other and contain any greed that might exist. I have not felt the pinch the way other consumers have because these suppliers have provided the coop for a long time. These producers also locally task others for their supplies, too, like animal feed if they don’t grow it themselves. 

The complaints from where I sit are not about real inflation. The complaints are because better quality food costs more. I congratulate these younger folks for making the switch because it will start to eliminate bad food in the USA diet and will make us all healthier.

(Click here)