Tuesday, March 10, 2015

I have worked since the age 15 in jobs I was well paid.

I have to admit I didn't email all that time, but, most of my employers were those with contact with the public. 

I never was verbally insulted with racist statements,...

I never was verbally insulted with bigoted statements,...

I never was verbally insulted with biased statements, even as a woman. There was one exception, ONLY ONE.

It was a man in a hospital room who was very ill and when I went into the room I could see he wasn't comfortable so I began to help him be more comfortable. He told me to stop and I did and I apologized in case I was perceived as wrongly touching him. He stated there was no need for me to help him, but, if I would go out in the hall and find one of those N.... girls, they'll take care of my comfort.

That was the ONLY time I was insulted by a word of hate. I am Caucasian and worked many, many years within minority populations in several different cities around the USA. So, that's about 40 years before I changed my profession. Forty years of being surrounded by other co-workers that were minority and the public that was of all ethnicity including Caucasian.

Never once in any family gathering have I heard words of hate of any one else. We had family that married interracial folks and their children had definitive ethnic traits. I have a huge family and everyone is as much family as another.

So, if FOX News commentators have the experience of receiving emails reflecting racist, bigotry or bias; then the federal government should look into the statements by the female commentator with that observation. That is a hostile work environment and she basically outed everyone she has known that has those terrible habits.