Monday, October 20, 2014

Rhetoric or fact?

I don't know about anyone else, but, my belief in my government conflicts with the political rhetoric and it gets annoying. 

So, given there are elections coming up soon, I decided to do an assessment of the talking points of Republicans and decide if they have an ounce of decency, integrity and loyalty to the people of this country or whether I am as right as rain.

The immigration issue and the southern border entry below begins to spell out how very wrong the Republicans are when it comes to USA policy. They expect right wing media to make the elections favor a set political standard and they simply buy into it with campaign donors and cronies.

I know partisan politics exists because people see things differently. Like the gold or silver standard for USA currency. It was a valid issue of the day and people voted as they saw fit. But, the voting that occurs in 2014 have no relevance to the issues we face as a country. The right media is wrong and it is my sincerest hope they can be as honest with themselves as Mr. Charles Gilbert was when he confronted reality as opposed to his trumped up imagination by 'infotainment.'