Sunday, July 21, 2013

Third World Happiness is Low Expectations

I've listened to Gasland 2 at least twice and took in the information and visuals. I then listened to every aspect of the film with intent to destroy it. I couldn't do it. The facts are correct. 

As I listened for exaggerations and myths I heard a Texas legislator state something that made more sense to me than anything I've heard before.

As Texas Representative Lon Burnham in Gasland 2 states, “Upper middle class people with college degrees are getting ticked off because they’re being treated the way that third world people have always been treated by corporate America.” 

Texas Representative Lon Burnam has introduced HB 379. It is a good beginning.

HB 379 (click here)
 
Last Action:04/03/2013 H Left pending in committee

Caption Version:Introduced 
Caption Text:Relating to the imposition of a fee on oil and gas waste disposed of by injection in a commercial injection well permitted by the Railroad Commission of Texas.