Thursday, April 12, 2012

Zimmerman is dangerous. I don't believe anyone can dispute that unless every American should be tracking down suspicions with a loaded gun.

...Zimmerman was not arrested at the time because police believed his claims of self-defence, enraging Martin's family and sparking six weeks of mass protests in central Florida and elsewhere.

"I would like to get him out. I need to get him out to assist me in going over all the evidence and preparing our defence," said O'Mara, who met his new client for the first time on Wednesday evening.
"He is stressed. He's tired. He's been through a lot with the way this case has been handled to date. I'm just hoping that his mental health stays well and that we can move forward in getting this case figured out."

Zimmerman has been held in protective custody since his arrest on Thursday, with his brother Robert declaring that the family was disappointed by the severity of the charge....

Ms. Fulton has a right to reconcile her grief in whatever way she like. She lost a son and she cannot conceive of anyone seeing her son in a way that would cause his demise. If she wants to reconcile herself to the fact Trayvon's death was an accident, then so be it. That does not relieve the judicial system of any responsibility for the truth and the fact Trayvon is dead by what very well may be a horrible and liberal Florida gun law. That remains to be seen.

My sympathies to Trayvon parents, they have been brave beyond any expectations through all this. I found Ms. Fulton's words very healing yesterday and I expect that is what she intended. Trayvon had a great mother.

...Earlier on Thursday, Martin's mother, Sybrina Fulton, said she believed that the shooting was "an accident".

"One of things I still believe in is a person should apologise when they're remorseful for what they've done," she told NBC's Today show.

"I believe it was an accident. I believe it just got out of control and he couldn't turn the clock back."