Sunday, August 22, 2010

Not driving while detached is the Consumer Safety Law that should have been written BEFORE the technology started killing people.

This accident happened on September 28th, 2005 in Riverview FL. A careless driver on a cell phone blazed through a red light at 55 mph and struck my mom's drivers door as she was going 20 mph attempting to make a left turn towards home. Her car was pushed 40 feet and my mom's neck was broken in 2 places. She died instantly. As her daughter, and someone that had to go to the scene to identify her, I can't tell you enough.



The technology humans have created is causing deaths among the innocent.  Who is going to be responsible?  Where will the impact be felt most to bring the change needed to stop this idiocy? 

I walked through a shopping mall today and there were innumberable opportunities to purchase a cell phone, cell phone service and all its paraphenalia.  I lost count after the first 120 seconds of my stroll.  As I walked through the mall I began to feel a sincere fear creep into my conscience and it was obvious there was more than mayhem about, but, some real lunacy regarding this technology. 

As I walked back to my vehicle which has a radio, disk player and cigarette lighter I use for emergency electricity when necessary, I realized I could be next and it was due to the frenzy created by an industry that doesn't care about PREVENTING death, so much as reaping profits.