Friday, March 19, 2021

2nd COVID-2 vaccine went without a hitch.

But. I reported my previous episode of fatigue and rapid heart rate and the thing the doctor (Yes, a doctor. - Local public health clinic is handling vaccine administration and record keeping. Good idea to consolidate records for any unusual reactions.) asked was whether I took a blood pressure medication.

I hadn’t taken the Losartan I usually take when I took the 2nd vaccine. I figured it out, but, here sat the doctor asking me a question and validating my own conclusions. 

I told her I take a daily blood pressure medication every morning. She stated there was probably an interaction with the two medications and caused a systemic reaction. I never told her I figured it out. That would have lead to a more extensive conversation neither of us had time for. She made me wait for a half hour before I was allowed to go on my way.

I was administered the vaccine at 10:30 am yesterday and the only reaction I have is a sore vaccination site. I expected at least that considering this was the second invasion of “Moderna” mRNA.

It is my conclusion based on experience the mRNA, while a very successful immunity thus far, initiated an immune response through an invasion of a foreign body. The genetically engineered foreign body that triggered the response is wrapped in friendly fluids to the human body unless allergic to any of the transport media.

That immune response will cause vasodilation and will drop the blood pressure. This probably didn’t show up in any trials of the two mRNA vaccines, but, will show up on a broader distribution size of a population. 

I LIKE THIS VACCINE A LOT.

Don’t get me wrong.

This is an incredible break through in medical science. Imagine being able to translate this technology into vaccines for Ebola, Zika and every other nasty disease out there. We can worry a little less about weird Chinese Wet Markets.

But, I still haven’t taken the Losartan yet. I have a home blood pressure cuff and am testing a couple times a day. I will return to daily routines when the injection site is back to normal unless my pressure starts to creep up.

I am not a youngster. The older person might be a careful study for medical research. The mRNA vaccines will become more common place and the “shock like” reaction that starts the immune response needs to be perfected by physicians. People will need to be educated as to their medication regime WITH and AT THE TIME of the injections. No physician I know will tell a patient to suspend blood pressure medication for a shot in the arm.

SARS-CoV-2 is not the flu. The mRNA vaccines ARE MEDICAL PROCEDURES not just a vaccination.

I feel fine and expect to stay that way.

One more thing. I was told it would take two weeks for full immunity. Being with friends and family in small groups and without a mask is okay after the two weeks. But, being fully immune can be a danger to others that are not. How? The nose. In two weeks I will not know if the virus has made its way to my nose. If I cough, sneeze, talk or simply breath close to other people not immune I can pass on the virus while I am well.

BE A GREAT PERSON and continue to wear masks, social distance, practice excellent hand hygiene and don’t touch the face without first excellent hand hygiene.

GET VACCINATED and TRUST THE SCIENCE.

I carry a card now with the type of vaccine and lot numbers as well as the dates of each vaccination. I just added it to my standard medical information in my wallet. The same information is in me electrical health record. I like carrying the card in case “the net” fails.