Friday, August 14, 2020

I would be remiss not to mention the surveilling by the US Post Office.

This is an electronic photograph of mail delivered to me. It was taken by the US Post Office to be forwarded to my email account. I darkened the address.

This was presented to me AS A FREE SERVICE by the US Post Office as a method of alerting people to the content of their mail. This came to my attention as a service about six months ago. I had to sign up for it. From the beginning this service made me feel a bit uneasy, because, this was a digital image that is probably preserved somewhere within the USA Post Office for an unknown length of time.

Legally, this has to fall under the classification of surveillance. I was troubled by it when I engaged this service, but not so much as I am becoming more uncomfortable with all the new undermining activities of the US Postal Service under Trump and this Post Master General.

To the right above is another electronic message about a piece of mail at my address that cannot be digitalized. 

What is troubling most about this service is that if this is not being handled LEGALLY, and who knows what kind of disclaimer comes along with this to be twisted and converted into permission for the entire US Government to use the information as they please.

I think the mail is not only digitalized to the people that subscribed to this free service, I believe even if I didn't subscribe the digital image would still be recorded. So, considering the fact the US Government was going to have all these images of my mail, I may as well know what it looks like.

To the left is the bottom of the email that comes with the digital images of my mail. Kindly note it does not only tell me about the mail arriving today but, ARRIVING SOON.

Knowing this service is RECORDING all my mail to let me know what is in the pipeline but hasn't made it to my address yet, MEANS, the very first interaction between any mail entering the system is recorded REGARDLESS of the destination. In other words, there is a permanent record of every piece of mail that enters the US Post Office system. The computer capacity to carry this out is enormous and where the heck is it based? I think it is housed at the National Counterterrorism Center in McLean, Virginia. 

I strongly believe this is THE PATRIOT ACT ON STEROIDS.

I believe this surveillance is highly illegal and is being conducted of all the mail and not simply the subscribers to the service.

Talk about Metadata.