Sunday, September 22, 2019

It's Sunday Night

It is still Sunday Night, isn't it? Just checking. I thought the Chosen One may have rewritten the calendar. 

I have some news which will change the course of my interest in the coastal areas of New York State. While I was traveling lately I took a quick trip to Virginia. Virginia and New York State have the same type of forest. I had my suspicions from the start of the Basswood/Maple forest and I was correct. 

While New York State has the occasional Basswood-Maple Forest, it is not the best description of the coastal forest. The best description is Northern Pine Oak Forest. This forest stretches from Virginia coastal area in the south to the Massachusetts coastal area in the north.

There are definite indicator animal species for the Northern Pine Oak Forest. It is far more interesting than any Basswood Maple Forest in it's diversity. It is this forest type I will discuss from here forward. Sorry if increased number and variety of indicator species has disappointed anyone, but, I rather all whom reads this gets it absolutely correct. New York citizens would not want it any other way. Thank you.