Saturday, October 27, 2018

Trump is the leader of a parallel country, it is violent and it hears only him.

I want to add something about other Republicans following Trump's warrior example: During the Kavanaugh hearings Senator Grassley called Senator Feinstein, Senator Einstein. In other words, Senator Grassley stated, "Little Miss Know It All," under his breath and demeaned Senator Feinstein. That is a slight of a wonderful Senator that has brought morals and expertise to the Senate. I want it to stop.

October 26, 2018
By Chauncey Devega

Donald Trump and his right-wing allies (click here) have repeatedly threatened and celebrated violence against journalists and reporters. He obsessively threatens his political enemies -- especially women, including Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi and Dianne Feinstein -- with prison. During the 2016 presidential campaign, Donald Trump even implied that if Clinton were elected president and tried to enforce gun control laws, she might be assassinated. Assaults by Donald Trump's supporters against protesters who exercised their constitutionally protected rights of free speech were a feature of his rallies.

Donald Trump, Republican leaders, Fox News and other parts of the right-wing echo chamber have endlessly slurred Bill and Hillary Clintons as monsters who hate America. Likewise, President Barack Obama has been depicted as a secret enemy, likely born overseas and possibly a Muslim, who hates America and was planning the country's downfall from within. Billionaire Democratic funder George Soros is portrayed as leading a left-wing plot against America and bankrolling all sorts of sinister activities. Given that Soros is Jewish and an immigrant from Hungary, his vilification by the far right and its media is consistent with anti-Semitic stereotypes straight out of "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion."

Between Monday and Thursday this week, at least 10 prominent Democrats or liberals who have criticized President Trump were targeted with mail bombs. So far the list includes Obama, Soros, the Clintons, Rep. Maxine Waters of California, former Vice President Joe Biden, former Attorney General Eric Holder, former CIA director John Brennan, former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper and Sen. Cory Booker of New Jersey, along with actor and producer Robert De Niro....

I attended a Trump Rally ONLINE. I do that from time to time if I have spare moments, but, I usually only listen. This time I left comments and it turned out to be more than interesting. Below is one of the exchanges, I am MGB. I once owned one of those cars in my younger days, too. The names will only appear as initials.

Opening salvo on October 26, 2018, Charlotte, NC:

MGB: If the people in the gym picked up a newspaper they might know what is real in the world.

Comments to my comments:

SBL: ALC (folks call others out by their names in these comment sections) I was about to say, if they can read.

CD: LSA you bet I am. I am the right side of history you will see time will tell.

CD: SBL do you like making people feel bad seems what the democratic party (capital letters only where entry is capitalized) spews all the time. If I couldn't read I wouldn't be able to answer your post.

LRT: CD go back to your van. (The van referred to here is the MAGA Bomber's van)

DLV: MGB--You think they can read?

JO: CD kinda like when the right says the left gets nothing but hand outs...

RM: MGB they can't read. Did you see all the incorrect spelled words by the MAGA Bomber.

JH: MGB you are assuming they can read.

MAG: DGT yup! The station is classified as "entertainment", not NEWS at all!!

SL: YES!

It touched me that I was received as well in this well honed online crowd. I received many supports. The "They can't read" stuff is definitely support for my position. I made seven comments and then could not deal with the hate coming from Trump's oral pharynx.

But, the return to my seven comments resulted in 55 responses of which 10 are above. Most comments were supportive, but, where they weren't their was anger and insults primarily.

Of all the responses I received I was most impressed at their ability to convey a clear understanding in only a few words. They were quick. These responses resulted from immediately to hours later. Most were immediate. These are smart folks. They know the situation and from what I wrote, comments to what I wrote and the other comments made other than any of mine, they are focused on a point of view they hold dear.

I will probably continue to comment now that I have a real feel for the dignity the online community holds between each other. There were no vulgarities. I would like that noted as well.

September 27, 2018
By Sabrina Siddiqui

...“President Trump (click here) has departed from the way most presidents behave when there’s an act of domestic terrorism,” said Michael Cornfield, associate professor at the George Washington University Graduate School of Political Management. “Anger is the fire of politics, and fire can be productive and useful or it can get out of control.”...