Sunday, June 05, 2016

Does everyone find it oddly interesting that Texas has received chronic flooding?

June 2, 2016
By Rose Minutaglio

The husband of a Texas flood victim (click here) carried his wife's lifeless body through a mile of sunken terrain to save it from being washed away in murky floodwaters on Monday.
Darrell Smith, 48, says he escaped his Breckenridge home with his wife, Kay, and his son, Darrell Jr., just as water began seeping in through their front door. Darrell loaded his family in his pickup truck, driving them to safety, but a surge of water quickly submerged the vehicle.
Darrell and Darrell Jr., 27, managed to free their car doors open, but Kay, 61, couldn't escape.
"I just wish I could have gotten my wife out in time," Darrell, a Breckenridge city water utilities worker, tells PEOPLE through tears. "She was my best friend, my whole life. I'm so used to us being together, I have a hard time functioning without her."
Major flooding in Texas has caused at least six fatalities in the state. Texas Gov. Greg Abbott declared a state of disaster across 31 counties and heavy rain is falling at a rate of up to three inches per hour, according to weather.com....