Thursday, October 08, 2015

I find it odd Ben Carson would reject his single parent upbringing for a heterosexual couple for all American children.

Dr. Benjamin Carson is director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Children's Center. His expertise includes separating conjoined twins and doing brain surgery to control seizures. A scholarship fund Carson founded has helped some 1,700 students through college. His mother is retired and lives with Carson and his family.

October 5, 2005
By Benjamin Carson

The simplest way to say it is this: I believe in my mother....

...My mother was a domestic. (click here) Through her work, she observed that successful people spent a lot more time reading than they did watching television. She announced that my brother and I could only watch two to three pre-selected TV programs during the week. With our free time, we had to read two books each from the Detroit Public Library and submit to her written book reports. She would mark them up with check marks and highlights. Years later we realized her marks were a ruse. My mother was illiterate; she had only received a third-grade education.
Although we had no money, between the covers of those books, I could go anywhere, do anything and be anybody....