Wednesday, April 01, 2015

I am looking forward to the fight.

April 1, 2005
By Arlette Saenz

Sen. Bob Menendez (click here) said he's "outraged" by federal corruption charges he's facing stemming from his interactions with a Florida eye doctor.
"For nearly three years, I’ve lived under a Justice Department cloud, and today, I’m outraged that this cloud has not been lifted," Menendez said at a news conference in Newark, New Jersey, Wednesday night. "I am confident at the end of the day I will be vindicated." 

"This is not how my career is going to end," Menendez said. "I"....

I can't help but believe the long standing friendship trumps any advocacy for Dr. Melgen. I wish him well. I hope this is as ludicrous as it seems.

The question is would Senator Menendez carry out the same advocacy for any dentist with large numbers of patients. I am sure the answer would be, yes.

These men have been friends for a very long time and they have been simultaneously successful over the years. That is not illegal as far as I am concerned. I know it looks terrible and obviously indictable, but, I think when the defense attorneys get in front of a jury the entire case will come alive to illustrate what Senator Menendez has been saying all along.