Thursday, August 28, 2014

President Obama gave a great news conference on the topics he covered by questions of the press.

I like his new summer suit. He looked nice. I betcha he bought it on vacation. I wasn't crazy about the tie. The tie may have some sentimental value but tan and gray came across as bland. 

I would encourage the President to bring an agenda to speak about as well as answering questions because not one of the journalists asked about Ferguson. The truth is FOX is simply hammering away at Attorney General Holder for every reason under the sun including the death of Michael Brown, Jr.

I have the support of "The Greats" on that topic.

August 28, 2014
By Erik Wemple

Comedy Central’s Stephen Colbert (click here) hardly replicated the grand critique of Fox News mustered on Tuesday night by colleague Jon Stewart, but on his show last night he took a swing or two....

I appreciate and thank President Obama in his incremental approach to the activities of the USA military when confronting possible engagement. It is appreciated to have the tone of the country considered when approaching these subjects. 

I think President Obama is spot on when it comes to the Middle East and regional involvement. His current assessment regarding Ukraine is conservative and correct. I also believe he is correct in regard to NATO. The region unfortunately is coming into play because of bizarre Russian politics and priorities. Oh, well.

I found it unfortunate war dominated the entire news conference. There is a country called the USA, too.