Thursday, January 30, 2014

I never thought I would appreciate Mark Sanford.

I liked what he said. I realize he is a conservative. But, the most interesting aspect of his comments is that they were sincere. He pulled punches. If anyone was suppose to return to the House as a measure to it's deterioration, it was him.

He appears at 10:21.

State of the Union Statuary Hall Interview, January 28, 2014 (click here)

...The erosion or destruction of what was once called regular order...

"Is there a change in partisanship?" 

"The easy answer is yes..."

Climate Change is real...what is the cause. Rep. Sanford doesn't know any scientists within NASA and NOAA? He needs to become familiar. They could easily answer that for him.

Sanford is a traditionalist while believing compromise can be found to avoid Executive Orders. I hope he can persuade his colleagues to do exactly that.

I have never witnessed 'standard lying' until I heard Rep. Kevin Brady speak. He doesn't speak the same language of America. "...I think there is common ground there...."

-International Trade
-Increase training to poorly prepared American work force
-Speeding up the benefits for Disabled Veterans

"The Stimulus failed and all the spending went to Wall Street instead of the Middle Class....

That is beautifully manipulated language. All the spending of government, especially the Stimulus, has gone to Wall Street. Well, I knew there was a reason why there was so much poverty in the county. The US government created the greed of the wealth class. I'll be darn.

"I think we need a change in course." I suppose that means no more spending since Congress does it so poorly.

"Trade issues, to expand our ability to sell around the world." Sell what? The USA doesn't manufacture anything to sell. And if the TPP is passed and signed into law, we won't have a viable car manufacturing sector in the USA either. So, I don't know what the USA is storing in bulging warehouses that we are going to sell. I guess the trade deficit will be well served, right? NOT! It will make it worse.

"The ball is in the President's Court..."  If Rep. Brady continued his thought openly he would have stated, "...to compromise most of what he stated and do what the US House demands." 

All his words following that comment is nothing more than rhetoric.

The President of the USA made an address to the country to IMPROVE the circumstances of the American people and Rep. Brady threw out the entire speech and inserted his own agenda. That is amazing. Why was he at the speech at all?