Thursday, October 17, 2013

A stenographer in the House of Representatives had a nervous breakdown yesterday.

The trauma of being exposed to Republican ruthlessness proved too much for even the House staff. I thought her reaction, even in her delirium was interesting; she doesn't consider the actions of the Republicans 'of God.' 

My best wishes for her and her family. I hope she recovers and is back at work as soon as she is able. It leaves me wondering what level of trauma the rest of our federal staff has experienced. I think the President needs to direct a message of gratitude from the nation for their continued loyalty.

Published time: October 17, 2013 09:58 

The woman, identified as Dianna Reidy, (click here) an official reporter with the Office of the Clerk, stunned House members when she took the Speaker’s Chair while the vote was in progress and said, “Praise be to God Jesus Christ.”

"He will not be mocked. He will not be mocked. Don't touch me. He will not be mocked," the stenographer continued as she was led away by security officers. "The greatest deception here is not 'one nation under God.' It never was. Had it been, it would not have been."

She continued, "The Constitution would not have been written by Freemasons. They go against God. You cannot serve two masters.”

According to Representative Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, the presiding officer at the voting, Reidy "came up to the podium area beneath where I was standing and asked me if the microphones were on. I said that I didn't know. I assumed that perhaps I was chatting too much to the helpful parliamentarians around me. Then she suddenly faced the front and said words like 'Thus spoke the Lord.' And, 'This is not the Lord's work,’” Ros-Lehtinen said, as quoted by Fox News.

Ros-Lehtinen banged the gavel and called ‘order’ several times, but that did not stop Reidy from continuing with her monologue.

"I hammered to get control and hush her up,” the presiding officer explained. “She said something about the devil. It was sudden, confusing and heartbreaking. She is normally a gentle soul."

Reidy was questioned by US Capitol Police after her removal from the House floor and was later taken to a local hospital for a mental health evaluation. It was not immediately clear whether criminal charges would be filed....