Sunday, June 16, 2013

I spoke with a couple of Small Family Farmers today. You know the ones that seek to provide good products to local markets. One even runs their own market. I stopped to say hello and ask if they heard about the Trillion Dollar Farm Bill. They both said yes, one of them said "I suppose you are here because you heard about the Trillion Dollar Farm Bill." 

I asked if they would be seeking their fair share of the bill over the next five years. Their answers were the same. "No." I stated, "Oh, come on now, you have to be in there somewhere." One just laughed and took his tractor further down the road. The other stated, "The only way anyone gets a piece of that action is if you have lawyers and not just one either."

Well done, Congress. You have managed to massage your Big Agribusiness Contributors without seeking to help the men and women that need it the most.