Saturday, October 06, 2012

I said tanks, right? I thought I said tanks.

Yep. First the jets with bombs to clear the invasion, then the tanks and infantry to hold the border. 

I don't believe these folks are there to be peacekeepers.

Okay, then. Looks like a catbird seat to me.

I think it was the Turkish President who said today, "Syria should not under estimate our ability or resolve." 

Pretty clear picture to me.

Sunday October 07 2012

The continued exchange (click here) of artillery fire between Syria and Turkey raises additional concerns that the conflict may escalate and spread to neighbouring countries, US Defence Secretary Leon Panetta has said.

Mr Panetta said the US is using its diplomatic channels to relay worries about the fighting in the hopes that it will not broaden.
His comments came on the heels of warnings from Turkey's prime minister that his country is not far from war with Syria....