Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Open memo to General Dempsey.

Assistant Secretary of Defense for Public Affairs Doug Wilson (click title to entry - thank you)


Dear General Dempsey,


Assistant Secretary Wilson did a wonderful job when appearing on "The Rachel Maddow Show" of addressing the DOD's reason to postpone the parade for Iraq War Veterans now that the war is over.


It hasn't changed my mind.


Assistant Secretary Wilson did his level best with magnificent reasons for the postponement.  He deserves his position and his retirement.


I find the decision by the DOD oppressive of the wishes of many American people that want to celebrate with parades the return of the soldiers now that the mission is over.


The Canyon of Heroes seemed so appropriate.  


The Iraq soldiers now in rotation to Afghanistan will have completed yet another mission to the pride of their country and we will celebrate them when they return, too.


I guess I just have an attitude. It happens. I guess I don't take orders well. We won't see eye to eye on much, sir.
  
I just see it coming.


Best regards,
Elisa Barrett