Monday, June 20, 2011

I don't want another "Curveball." I would think that would be the motivating factor to any changes the FBI and CIA make.

...Once an assessment has started, (click title to entry - thank you) agents will be permitted to conduct lie detector tests and search people’s trash as part of evaluating a potential informant. No factual basis for suspecting them of wrongdoing will be necessary....

The question is always have we gone too far or not far enough.  I sincerely doubt President Obama micromanages to this extent.  The House and Senate need to hold hearings to assign such 'liberties' to an intelligence organization with proper balance.

It seems to me if there are reasons for suspicion of activity to investigate, then do so.  But, liberal laws such as these can lead to impetus for 'opportunity' to exploit.  I don't know how lame the FBI has gotten, but, it would seem to me there has to be some expertise that goes along with surveillance that is meaningful and not simply wasting taxpayers money. 

Give me a reason to believe this is something more than harassment of innocent citizens.  Mueller needs to have a dialogue with the American people about these changes so they can feel reassured this is all appropriate.  This is a limit. 

In all honesty, when I read this editorial my first reaction was, "Doesn't the FBI know what they are doing?"  Because this tells me there is a lot of sloppy assessements to ask the citizens of this nation to actually tolerate this level of surveillance.  There is a lot of room for abuse, including political abuse in the "W"rong hands.  It isn't enough the Plutocracy of the USA has engineered a take over of Republican Governors for redistricting after the 2000 Census, but, to realize they have are the cronies to power in the Legislature and one time to the Executive Branch is unsettling. 

I sincerely believe there needs to be more transparency that was promised to us with this administration and Mueller needs to have a news conference or find a way to ADEQUATELY communicate with this country to put all these changes into a contextual framework that doesn't resemble the beginnings of the SS.