Tuesday, May 03, 2011

I can't believe what I am reading or hearing in regard to the death of Osama bin Laden.

He was listed with the FBI as "Wanted Dead or Alive." 

There isn't anything else to say. 

The Navy Seals lives came first and if they felt any threat from a prolonged encounter then they had EVERY RIGHT to shoot him.  They were engaged in gunfire when they entered the building.  What?  They were suppose to ask bin Laden to 'please' come with them? 

He was a dead man walking when they encountered him.  I don't believe how self-righteous Americans can be regarding a man that had no regard for human life. 

Get over it.

The people complaining are the same crackpots that complain the Justice Department reads arrested terrorist their Miranda Rights.  Maybe that is what is missing in the Navy Seal Operation, a cop on the beat to rean bin Laden his Miranda Rights.  Right?  Or perhaps they should have waited for Mullah Omar to arrive to give bin Laden his last rights. 

What next?

I must say, I appreciate the praise Rush Limbaugh paid to President Obama.  I thought that was nice.  Very decent.  Unexpected, but, appreciated.  I listened to the entire eight minutes and could not believe what I heard.  In a rare moment, I thank him for his appreciation of President Obama.  It would be nice if we always stated issues in a civil and well prepared manner. 

As far as our young people rejoicing.  That was simply a way for them to find relief from the ten years of fear from the point of September 11, 2001.  I don't blame them at all.  I find it youthful happiness to realize what a great moment it was for our military and our President.  Their behavior is not at fault.  I hope their expression of 'relief' helped.  They were young when those attacks occurred.  Only they know the trauma of that event and its aftermath from young hearts and minds.  I'm on their side.