Monday, May 03, 2010

The New York Times Square bombing attempt has hallmarks of al Qaeda. My opinion, nothing official.


It was supposed to be a 'big bomb.'  Al Qaeda prides itself on such stupid things.
Not only that it has 'traits' of an attack Americans could recognize and grow higher rates of fear. 
The mechanism was McVeigh-like.  
I my humble opinion, this was supposed to be a successful attempt at something that would evoke more violence from the White Supremists of the USA to spur more in the way of mimics.
I hope I am wrong, but, I don't believe I am.  But, al Qaeda likes to 'recruit' 'nationals' by setting example and being big and bad.  
It might be that the alliance with Pakistan was suppose to evoke fear enough to break that bond.  The USA and Pakistan must be having considerable success.

I am not going to turn on my own country you jackasses !

Pakistani Man Convicted in 2008 Mumbai Attacks  (click title to entry - thank you) 

By VIKAS BAJAJ 

Published: May 3, 2010 

...The defendant, Ajmal Kasab, a Pakistani, hung his head as a judge read a summary of the judgment to him in Hindi at a special courtroom in a jail here. Mr. Kasab, who spent most of the hearing bent over, held a grave expression but said nothing.


“The offenses committed by them was a brazen act of war against India,” Judge M. L. Tahaliyani said, referring to Mr. Kasab and nine other gunmen who unleashed a wave of violence with grenades and machine guns, attacking five-star hotels, a busy commuter train station, a popular bar and a Jewish center. He added, “It was not a simple crime of murder or intent to murder.”
Mr. Kasab faces the death penalty or life in prison; the court will meet Tuesday to consider his sentence...