Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Valet - Leave it to TCFF to choose a French film at a time when I dearly needed comic relief.


Here again, I have to say the subtitles were seamless for me. It was a very clever film. The twists of fate were frequent, unexpected and simply kept the audience lighthearted and engaged. It came at a time at the festival when I needed to be less serious and more relaxed. Regardless of what anyone may think, it can be a lot of work to attend these films. They don't leave you after you walk out of the theater. After the Opening Night film, discussions are non-stop when in line, or dining or simply walking down the street which is filled with every type of shoe imaginable.
I probably should comment on the restaurants, too. Well, I'll end it here for tonight and catch a few Zzzzs. I want to finish my review as I do with any film festival I attend as I consider this art form important to movers and shakers. So I'll do so in a bit. See this film. It is more enjoyable than one can imagine.