Sunday, July 31, 2022

She was a hero to me. I was always a Star Trek fan and she was my favorite Lieutenant.

Besides talented, she was always a beautiful woman. Here she is 89 years old. Absolutely wonderful person. Sympathies to all her friends, fans and family.

31 July 2022
By Dave Nemetz

Nichelle Nichols‘ Star Trek (click here) costars are honoring their crewmate after the actress, who played Uhura on the original Trek series, passed away Sunday at the age of 89.

William Shatner, who played Captain Kirk alongside Nichols on Star Trek, tweeted: “I am so sorry to hear about the passing of Nichelle. She was a beautiful woman & played an admirable character that did so much for redefining social issues both here in the US & throughout the world. I will certainly miss her. Sending my love and condolences to her family.”

George Takei, who played navigator Sulu on Star Trek, added: “I shall have more to say about the trailblazing, incomparable Nichelle Nichols, who shared the bridge with us as Lt. Uhura of the USS Enterprise, and who passed today at age 89. For today, my heart is heavy, my eyes shining like the stars you now rest among, my dearest friend."...

She was always larger than life.

George Takei, who played navigator Sulu on Star Trekadded: “I shall have more to say about the trailblazing, incomparable Nichelle Nichols, who shared the bridge with us as Lt. Uhura of the USS Enterprise, and who passed today at age 89. For today, my heart is heavy, my eyes shining like the stars you now rest among, my dearest friend.”...