Sunday, January 09, 2022

American women are vulnerable.

Romantically, the American women's culture believes love can happen at any time and we should welcome it.

In fact, when I thought about this, most successful married couples I know met each other when they were young and frequently in high school together. There are succesful married couples I know that met when they worked together or shared a gather together such as church.

I guess there is "The Bachelor" and "Bachelorette" that provides the venue for strangers to meet and become married. There are all sorts of dating apps and  I know a cousin was successful in finding a husband that way. They are married four years. They are both Americans.

I just question the idea of romance and marriage in the USA and the casual nature which it is carried out.

Betty White was a wonderful person for all the many years of performances we enjoyed. I think she is right. Women are petty and delicate and for that reason they need good friends to confide in that helps with serious decisions about love, marriage, trust and long distance relationshiups.