Sunday, May 21, 2017

There are many candles on my cake this year.

Wish me "Happy Birthday." Yes, May 21st is my birthday. I was born before midnight at 11:30 PM. And I went to the hospital in a 1955 Chevy.


It was Saturday. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower. In the UK "Stranger In Paradise" by Tony Bennett was in the top 5 hits. "Love Me or Leave Me," directed by Charles Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955 while "No Time For Sergeants" by Mac Hyman was one of the best selling books.



Some folks want to put me into the zodiac sign of Gemini, but, any self respecting astrologer will state I am a Taurus. Try that on for size as a woman. 

Taurus, the bull with the planet Venus. Come to think of it, it is sounding pretty good.

Famous Taurians (Is that a word? Taurians? Sounds like Earthlings or something.) are Sigmund Freud, Karl Marx, Honore De Balze, Salvador Dali, Oliver Cromwell, Benjamin Spock, David Beckham, Enrique Iglesias and Harry S Truman. See, no women. Benjamin Spock is the closest that comes to women simply because Spock never thought fathers were much except rule makers (click here).

Taurus woman unites all remarkable qualities. Taurus woman is quiet, reserved and honest. Taurus woman possesses immense emotional courage. Taurus woman demonstrates much of self-control. Practical common sense is important for Taurus woman. Taurus woman has a good feeling of harmony. Taurus woman likes to make favorable impression upon people and is very hospitable. She is a good cook. Taurus woman is reliable in all. Taurus woman is a good mother.

I don't know about all that.

Quiet? I speak when necessary and it isn't always quiet. This blog illustrates a person that wades into controversy regardless of peril. That isn't quiet, is it? Reserved? I don't dance on tables at parties. I guess that is being reserved. Honest. I'd like to think so. "Immense Emotional Courage." I don't dance on tables at parties, I don't know where that courage comes from. Self-control. I never got pregnant outside of marriage. That was "the pill" though. That kinda throws self-control out the window. But, I never got pregnant outside of marriage. Interestingly, both my pregnancies began the night of my birthday. No lie. Whisper sweet nothings, sweet nothings to me. Yes, whisper sweet nothings to me. Practical common sense. I think life is complicated and practical common sense doesn't define my thinking. "Good Feeling of Harmony." I couldn't play a piano if my life depended on it. Harmony is more than music. I do believe the world should be harmonious. Not boring, bland or lacking pizzazz. But, harmonious. Peace is about harmony. Diversity is about harmony. Yeah, I am mired morally in harmony. Absolutely. "Make Favorable Impressions." That is sort of what side of the political road one is on. If in the company of conservatives I would not make a favorable impression. But, in a debate hall, street demonstration, "Occupy Wall Street" and "Mic Check," and a union walk out; I would definitely be seen as making a favorable impression. I think that goes along with harmony. The more harmony the more favorable an impression I make. "Hospitable." Hm? I am going to go with Merrium-Webster 1c: Offering a pleasant or sustaining envionrment: ie; grows in even the least hospitable climates, Yes, I am definitely hospitable. "Good Cook." In a Betty Crocker sort of way, but, a really good cook that can do gourmet? I missed the boat on that one. "Reliable in all." Yes. Absolutely. I am very, very reliable. I "show up." "Good Mother." No doubt in my mind. When being a mother I am more selfless than not. I don't walk into a children's book store looking for the latest "Self" magazine and then leave with a child making a wish list while criticizing the choices on the shelves.

Being on the astrological "Cusp" can be confusing. But, there is an understanding of the Cusp. In the case of my birthday, the Cusp is considered May 17 - May 23. I am the "Cusp of Energy."

Ready?

Earth meets Air for those born on the Taurus-Gemini Cusp, and it's quite a dust storm of activity these individuals can kick up. If you were born between the signs of Taurus and Gemini, from about May 17 to May 23, you're one of the most youthful and go-getting cuspers of 'em all.

Now. That sounds like me; to a T.

Until tomorrow then...