Friday, November 04, 2016

I mailed my ballot. I like paper ballots. I like mechanical voting machines better.

November 4, 2016
By Mike Levine and Geneva Sands

Federal authorities (click here) say they are concerned about the potential for cyber attacks that could cause confusion on Election Day.
“We are very concerned about attempts to cause confusion," one Department of Homeland Security official said. The official pointed out that it’s important to separate concerns over manipulating the official vote count -- which they see as unlikely if not impossible -- from the threat to cause confusion....
Naively I thought mail in ballots were postage paid. Not. It cost $1.19 to mail the ballot first class. That is not right. It is like voting is an option for the mail in ballot. All absentee ballots should be postage paid.